Sunday 4 March 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So this is my first post on this blog and I'm not 100% sure on how it all works, but hopefully i'll be a pro soon enough.

Today I left the fine shores of NZ and have began my journey to the UK. I'm currently sitting in Melbourne airport awaiting boarding for the connecting flight through to Kuala Lumpur. We landed at 8:50pm and boarding is at 2:40am... only 4 more hours... There weren't too many tears at the airport. To be honest, it still hasn't sunk in that i've left. I guess the hangover from the leaving drinks last night, coupled with a gutwrenching, emotional rollercoaster warriors season opener probably distracted me enough not to break down into a sobbing piece of work. Oh and cheers to all that came to the Fox last night. was a good night, good yarns and good send off!

Before I get too far ahead of myself, I should probably give you a run down of the rough itinerary... The trip starts with a day in KL tomorrow, before flying out on the 6th Mar to Laos. When we get to Laos, we've got roughly 5 weeks to get through Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, and finish off with the Full Moon party in Thailand. According to the cambodian taxi driver in Wellington, we're hitting the hottest time to go to SE Asia so i'm predicting some very sweaty times ahead...

The flight to Melbourne was pretty painless, well for me; Asty smacked his head on the overhead carry-on baggage perch. I managed to squeeze in a couple movies on the way over (the Muppets and Crazy, Stupid, Love). both were a bit "meh", but still enjoyable. One thing that was mean was the feed. Emirates put on a pretty stellar feed. Fish (Salmon and some other type) on wedges and roast pumpkin, Lamb on a rice salad, cheesecake, and cheese and crackers. meeeaaannn. Also, We had some Aussie netball team on our flight over. the debate between asty and i is still going as to which sport they played, but they were epically tall, so i'm going with netball. Also, once we cleared customs, the Manly seaeagles were hanging round. pretty short turnaround for them, after just playing that aftanoon. Tuffy gave Kieran Foran the classic "Well played today, boys" line. what a muppet...

not much else exciting to write about so far, thought i'd just suss out how to actually write a post, and it cost me $4 to get these 15 minutes of internet, so better send b4 time runs out.

Oh, Happy B'day Petey Weepu. Hope it's a good one bro!

Chur.

No comments:

Post a Comment